Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Feeling a little flower-y


Before I start, I have an ANNOUNCEMENT: I finally got a light box! haha I ordered it off ebay Friday morning and it's arrived on Monday morning, talk about lightning fast delivery! It was about $65 AUD altogether including postage. The kit includes the light box itself, 4 different coloured backdrops, and 2 lamps. The actual light tent is collapsible and it all folds up into a carry folder kind of thing, so storage is pretty damn easy! 

Okay so back to the nails! These are my version of an abstract flower print. I wanted to do a gradient or something other than plain white for the base colour but it was late and I was lazy :P I used a total of 7 colours for the 'flowers' in this mani: Bloom Alcapulco, Sally Hansen I Pink I Can, L'oreal Chop Chop, Ulta3 Orchid, Miki 9155, Revlon Intrigue, Maybelline Wonder Violet.

 So, just as a comparison, here's a picture I took in the bathroom (whitest/brightest lighting in my house lol!) with just my Galaxt s2 camera phone:


Here's my first nooby picture of these nails in the lightbox:


Couldn't fiddle too much more with the lighting and such because I had to go to work, but as soon as I got home I tried it again, and this time decided to try using the flash. I think I much prefer it with the flash, the nail design comes out a lot clearer. What do you all think?


6 comments:

  1. Yeah it looks super awesome with the flash. I think I am going to just make a light box, one of these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah ive seen easy diy lightbox projects floating around the internet, i've just never been bothered :P

      Delete
  2. With the flash definitely, you can see the shimmer in the polishes whereas in the other photos they look matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, i think flash is definitely better as well!

      Delete
  3. Lovely! I'm gonna try that in spring :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, so don't be shy to drop a line, and say hello! (: