Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Snow is coming!

I WISH ): Unfortunately, it doesn't snow here in Australia, rather, it's a hot sticky summer Christmas for us. So a white Christmas is definitely on my bucket list! It probably won't be fulfilled any time soon, but hey, a girl can dream right :P

   So we're only into the first week of December, and the holiday themed manis have already begun! So to start off my countdown to Christmas, I've decided to go with bauble themed nails! 


   We finally have our Christmas tree up in the living room ...no thanks to me haha All thanks goes to my younger siblings who are still thrilled by the notion of decorating the tree. I let the two youngsters run wild with the decorations, lo and behold, they dug out the red and gold baubles from last year, and et voilĂ , they are now on my nails :D


   The baubles themselves had a matte finish with the detailing done in gold and silver metallic paint, so I decided to mimic the effect by using a matte topcoat over the red before painting the gold details. 


   I painted a dotted design on the matte nails before the gold detailing just so I wouldn't a have a plain flat background for the snowflakes and tree. I used Orly Forever Crimson on the pointer, middle and pinky and Orly See Yah on the accent nails. For the gold, I used my ever trusty Orly Glitz.



   Hoping for a more delicate snowflake design in the near future... fingers crossed!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! One of the best Christmas manis I've seen! How you manage to write those letters onto your nails? Its extremely impressive! Love the background you created for this mani too - great idea indeed! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much hun! It was trialling to write so small, but it turned out quite alright so I'm happy ^^

      Delete
  2. Omg, I love the matte and glossy texture of the red! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine! :) I love your blog <3 and nominated you for a Liebster award. I invite you to open the link to get the award and find out all the details: http://polished-polyglot.blogspot.ch/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, so don't be shy to drop a line, and say hello! (: