Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dream Catcher Nails


   Yay for the return of the claw pose :D And my attempt at combining watercolour nails and dream catchers! I saw this image on google while searching for pictures of dream catchers and immediately fell in love with the design. 

 

   Of course I wasn't going to get such fine detail (not with my clumsy hands), but still I wanted to try. I first tried to imitate the watercolour background using Sinful Colors Island Coral, Sinful Colors Endless Blue and Essence Splash Refresh. Instead of acetone, I used polish thinner to create the waterclour effect.


   Then, just with regular black acrylic paint and a fine paint brush, I painted on the dream catcher. I must admit, this part took the longest because I kept erasing my dream catchers (Oh the beauty of acrylic paint! Washes away mistakes with water :P) and starting over until I was happy. But I got there in the end haha Also added some round flatback crystals to the other nails as an accent. 

   All in all, I'm pretty happy with how these turned out (: What do y'all think?

4 comments:

  1. You did a great work! I would totally not say you're clumsy after seing this nail art ^^ I especially love the watercolour background, it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, so don't be shy to drop a line, and say hello! (: