Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Flakies, Holo and Mylar - Which is your favourite?

   Hey you guys! I wasn't feeling too inspirational on the nail art front lately, so I thought I'd bring out some toppers I haven't used in a while. 

   First in our line up is Zoya Opal (layered over Miss Ashleigh Deja Blue) and can I just say, it blue me away (yes, im so punny :P)!! It looked like I had jewels on my fingertips! The flakes, especially when they shifted in the light, were stunning! 





   I also had to try it out matte. And (to no surprise) it was equally as awesome! I really couldn't decide which finish I liked more. So I ended up with one hand glossy, and the other hand matte :P Do you guys have a preference?


   Next up, is Kleancolor Chunky Holo Purple. I could dedicate a whole paragraph to describing what this polish looked like, but why try when the pictures speak for themselves! (This is 2 coats over a dark base). Just look at that colour shift!! It's so strong!

   I really wanted to see this mattefied as well, but I totally flaked and forgot to before taking it off *derp* next time!!




   And last, but most definitely not the least are the Revlon Moon Candy polishes I bought almost a year ago now. This is a layer each of Galactic and Orbit over a dark base. 

   These are quite different to the previous two toppers, but equally as intriguing, especially when layered! Though these would need a couple coats of a thick top coat to smoothe out as the mylar in the polish tends to dry really bumpy! 



   And so, to answer the question posed at the top of this post: I'd have to say my favourite are the flakies! And in saying that, Essie Shine Of The Times is on my "topper" lemming list. What's on yours??

1 comment:

  1. I'm going crazy over all of these! Stunning! I honestly just can't pick a favourite, I love them all :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, so don't be shy to drop a line, and say hello! (: